Choosing the wrong Barrie HVAC contractor can be a costly mistake.
Non-reputable contractors might:
- Charge you more than necessary.
- Take a long time to finish the job.
- Not perform the job correctly so there are further repairs to make.
- Cause damage to other areas of your home.
- Leave you unsatisfied.
- And more.
Don’t let your home heating and cooling turn into a horror story!
We’ve got your guide for picking a reputable Barrie HVAC contractor, so you can heat (or cool) your home with peace of mind.
- Check Online Reviews
Online reviews can be a great way to know whether others have been happy with an HVAC contractor’s work. Google reviews and Facebook reviews can tell you a lot about a business. Look at what people are saying — is it mostly positive?
But beyond that, there are a few other considerations you should make when searching for online feedback.
- Is the business responding to reviews? This can also tell you a lot about how the company operates and how they value client feedback.
- How many reviews are there? No reviews, or few reviews, isn’t necessarily a good thing. It might mean they haven’t had many customers. In general, the more reviews there are, the more business they are doing.
- What are the negative reviews saying? Any business with a lot of online reviews is likely to run into a few not-so-positive ones. Take these with a grain of salt. Look at what the negative reviewers are writing. Are they all saying the same thing? If so, that may indicate a pattern.
- Check industry-specific review sites, like HomeStars.
- Look at ranking sites, like Three Best Rated.
- Ask for Word of Mouth Referrals
While online reviews are a great way to evaluate an HVAC contractor’s reputation, good, old-fashioned word of mouth should still be taken into consideration.
If you are planning a larger project, or something long-term like furnace maintenance, ask your colleagues, local family members, or neighbours what contractor they use and what their experience has been like.
- Look for Longevity
How long have they been in business? Anyone can call themselves a heating and cooling contractor, but can they back it up? The longer a contractor has been in business, the more likely it is that they are reputable.
- Ask About Payment Options
Some heating and cooling expenses can be an investment, but you might not necessarily have the funds available to pay it off upfront.
Most reputable HVAC contractors will offer payment plans or longer-term financing, so you can pay your bill over an extended period, rather than in one lump sum.
If the contractor you are considering says they will only accept payment all at once, that could be a red flag.
- Ask Where Their Business and Staff are Located
When you are looking for local contractors, you want those contractors to be, well, local.
There are many HVAC companies who operate out of a big city headquarters. They might send their technicians to local job sites, but when it comes to the big decisions — price points, offers, community knowledge — the people at the head of the business do not know your area.
If you want a local contractor, it makes sense for their headquarters to be in the area they are serving. When an HVAC contractor works where they live, they will know more about the unique geography of the area and be able to have a more focused, nuanced discussion about your heating and cooling needs.
Looking for a reputable, local Barrie HVAC contractor? Look no further! HomeBridge Canada has been in business for nearly 20 years. Our installers live locally and some have worked with us for more than 10 years. We offer flexible payment plans and understand your local needs.
Don’t just take our word for it! We have a 95% approval rating on HomeStars and were ranked by Three Best Rated as one of the top HVAC services in Barrie.
We offer our heating and cooling contractor services in Barrie, Orillia, Midland, Coldwater, Simcoe County, York Region, and the surrounding areas. Call 1-866-876-9986 or visit www.homebridgecanada.com.